Do you have experience in a fast-paced, busy, digital print environment, able to offer flexibility within the role, good problem solving skills and the ability to ‘think on your feet’. Are you a print geek with impeccable attention to detail and a bit of OCD with things like kerning and a love of pizza on a Friday? Fancy getting your teeth into everything from business cards to wall coverings too?
We’re looking for a creative and passionate Artworker to join Team Push. You’ll create and design artwork from initial concept to final print-ready files, using the most up to date software, tools and techniques. We need someone to prepare accurate artwork from approved designs and technical specifications and ensure that all work meets client requirements and guidelines. Bonus points if you can come up with the weirdest thing we could vinyl wrap. Hint: we’ve already done a fridge and a filing cabinet.
This is what you’ll be responsible for:
- Artwork design and development.
- Design and creation of new product and content.
- Project Manage and facilitate new and existing contracts.
- Operation of digital print machinery (Ricoh & KM production machines), HP latex printer and Duplo & Matrix finishing equipment.
- Suitable print content and functionality.
Here’s what skills you’ll need:
- Operational knowledge of Push Print business, with sufficient and appropriate experience in print / artwork design and development.
- HND (or equivalent) in design/print related subject preferred but not essential. Experience and skill with Adobe CS and all MS Office packages and common office IT support packages.
- Experience of Command Work Station and Onyx preferred. A keen eye for colour and detail is essential.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Ensure that all work is completed to client guidelines and standards outlined in procedures.
- Ensure artwork interpretation is achievable within print production constraints.
- Prepare accurate artworks from approved design and brief.
- Ensure client guidelines are followed.
- Develop and update master artworks and guideline documentation.
- Providing colour proofs for client sign-off.
- Ensure that all images produced and proofed are correct and reviewed in accordance to the quality procedures.
- Ensure all quality control procedures are adhered to and all relevant documents are completed.
- Lead the creation, design and development of new products.
- Support colleagues in preparing files for print.
- Run and maintain various digital printers to produce small and large format print on a wide and varied range of substrate and material.
- Maintain and regularly update artwork and develop new content.
- Stay abreast of latest technological techniques and New print orientated developments.
- Remain aware of Industry protocols and standards
- Mock-up artwork and graphics, suggesting options and alternative prototype.
- Ensure organisation is following industry best practice and remain compliant.
- Liaise with relevant teams within push print in resolving technical and commercial issues.
You will be this sort of person:
- Strong bias for action to identify potential problems and coordinate their resolution before they develop into significant issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of products, clients and markets.
- Continually seeks to identify new ideas and implement new opportunities, which deliver business benefit.
- The ability to build and develop effective relationships and use these to improve performance.
- Strong communication, presentation and team working skills.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy when dealing with complex information.
- Knowledge of the principles of company policy and operating procedures in order to execute / complete projects.
- A fanatical love of colour. Especially hot pink.
This is a permanent, full-time position at our studio in Glasgow. To apply please send your current CV and a covering letter detailing what you would vinyl wrap and in what design plus your favourite pizza topping to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31/08/2017
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!